Migrating from Innovation to Entrepreneurship is out of print. A revised version will be available as an e-book in 2014.
(LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 17, 2013)
Thank you for visiting our website!
Some of the key features on the site include:
* "JERR'S JOURNAL" (a monthly series of essays about all things social enterprise): Please click here
* Pro bono coaching services, including "A Day with Jerr," a six-hour session offered each year in four to six different cities. Each session is attended by a single representative from six different social enterprises: Please click here for pro bono coaching information.
* A ten-minute video conversation between Institute Executive Director Jerr Boschee and John Bennett, a veteran social enterpriser and former head of WISEA (Wales Ireland Social Entrepreneurship Alliance): Please click here.
* An overview of social enterprise that contains key definitions, descriptions of the three basic types of social enterprises, a case statement for investment in the field, a review of the origins of the movement in the United States, and 40 examples of successful social enterprises, Institute Executive Director Jerr Boschee served as principal author, assisted by Lisa Nitze and Corinne Gray. Please click here.
* And a variety of information, education and training resources to help you launch or grow your social enterprise. Please click on the items below or on the tabs to the left for additional information.
Website templates created by JeanaDesign.com: 859-351-4292
FOUNDER AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Jerr Boschee, 68, has been an advisor to social entrepreneurs in the United States and elsewhere for more than 30 years. He has delivered keynote speeches or conducted master classes in 43 states and 20 countries and has long been recognized as one of the founders of the social enterprise movement worldwide. He has also been a senior marketing executive for a Fortune 100 company, managing editor for a chain of regional newspapers, a Peace Corps Volunteer in India, and a guest lecturer at numerous academic institutions, including Cambridge, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Northwestern, Oxford, Pepperdine, Stanford, Ulster and others.
Jerr is the former President and CEO of The National Center for Social Entrepreneurs, is one of the six co-founders of the Social Enterprise Alliance, and was named by The NonProfit Times to its nonprofit sector “Power & Influence Top 50” lists in 2004, 2005 and 2006. He served from 2001 to 2004 as an advisor to England’s Department of Trade and Industry Social Enterprise Unit, and is Executive Director of The Institute for Social Entrepreneurs, which he created in 1999.
In addition to writing a monthly online essay (“Jerr’s Journal”), he is the author or editor of six books, including Boschee on Marketing, The Social Enterprise Sourcebook, and the award-winning Migrating from Innovation to Entrepreneurship: How Nonprofits are Moving toward Sustainability and Self-Sufficiency. His work has appeared in numerous anthologies and been translated into seven languages.
Jerr is the former Board Chair for SAGEGlobal (“Students for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship”), which supports high school social entrepreneurs in more than 20 countries, and has served on numerous local, national and international Boards throughout his career.
Please click here for his complete biography.